I am a Senior Lecturer in the School of Computing with expertise in Cyber Security and Digital Forensics.
Interested in PhD study?: I supervise PhDs in the areas of malware, cyber security, digital forensics and cryptography. Ideally you should have experience in one of these areas and be a competent programmer in a language like C or Java. If you have expertise in one of these areas and would like to refine a research proposal please get in touch.
PhD project ideas
- New techniques for identifying / preventing security vulnerabilites.
- Rapid reverse engineering and automatic code identification
- Data identification and extraction in memory forensics
- Malware/intrustion trends and analysis
- Tor and Bitcoin attacks/improvements
- Propose your own idea.
Consultancy: We are able to undertake consultancy work in a range of areas including delivering CPD courses - please get in touch to see how we can help.
- Course leader for BSc Forensic Computing
- Member of Parallel and Distributed Systems Research Group
- Digital Forensics
- Cyber Security, Malware, Cyber-espionage and Cyber-weapons